Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening With Me This Week:
This Tuesday was my first day back at work for the first time since my second surgery! It’s been a little rough, trying to get used to driving around and being at work all day, but I’m glad to be up and out of the house by myself for the first time in more than four weeks.
And Sunday was the last day of the week-long readathon Bout of Books 9.0, and even though I didn’t manage to reach my goal of 2,000 pages, I still managed to read a little over 1500! I’d say that’s a success 🙂
Books I Finished This Week:
Besides these books, I’ve also been reading 20-30 pages every night of American Gods by Neil Gaimon! I feel like that should count in my tallies, too 😉
- Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Phoenix Island by John Dixon
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
Books I Bought/Received This Week:
Besides these, I also got a couple books from my local used bookstore that I’ll share with you in a book haul soon!
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott (ARC)
- Cry No More by Linda Howard (ebook)
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Awesome Posts from Other Book Bloggers:
Phew! A lot of great links this week 🙂 Give your fellow bloggers some love!
- Do You Draft Posts and Then Never Finish Them? from Nose Graze
- Spun With Words discusses Reading Slumps
- Second Book Syndrome (And What That Is and Why) from Writer of Wrongs
- My Friends are Fiction wants to know…how do you rate books?
- You Aren’t Good Enough the Way You Are from The Perpetual Page-Turner
- As Told by Rachel talks about fitting in, or, why I’m going to stop trying so hard to be someone I’m not
- Is It You? Or Is It Me? from Novel Bliss
- I Have Lived a Thousand Lives talks about reading books in a series
- On the “Proper” Way to Take Care of Your Books from Utterly Bookish
- Playing in the Pages shares what she learned from organizing her review library
- I’m Not a “Real” Reader from The Paper Sea
- Novel Bliss wants to know…what’s a spoiler?
- Why Do We Buy Books? from Books with Cass
- SIK Book Reviews wants to know how fast of a reader are you?
- Double Standards on Reading from Thoughts and Pens
- Read Me Away discusses reading outdoors
- Are You a Series Completionist? from Reading is Fun Again
- BookCharmed gives us five ways to deal with a book that doesn’t live up to its hype
- The Sea of Pages discusses keeping up with series
- The “Series Finale” Fear from Books and Cake
- [YA] Escape from Reality wants to know how you remember books in a series
- Feeling Alone in Loving a Certain Character from The Nomadic Book Hoarder
- The Sea of Pages talks about careers
- When You Get an ARC, Should You Send the Publisher Your Review? from Nose Graze
- Read. Sleep. Repeat. asks about what you do when a book just isn’t for you
- How Do You Audiobook? from The Novel Hermit
- Angela’s Anxious Life wants to know if you ever procrastinate when it comes to reading
- The Awesomeness of Twitter from Effortlessly Reading
- As Told by Rachel shares some more awesome music in this week’s Listen Up!
- Why Giveaways Won’t Give You More Followers from Nose Graze
- In Italics wants to know if you visit the library
- Pink Polka Dot Book Blog shares topics she wants more books to be written about
- The Ebb and Flow of My Bookshelves from The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Books for a Delicate Eternity shares her thoughts on movie tie-in book covers
- Nothing in This Life is Free…Even if Someone is Giving it Away from The Starry-Eyed Revue
- The Perpetual Page-Turner shares how unemployment has changed her life as a reader
- Novel Heartbeat discusses blogger etiquette
- I Have Lived a Thousand Lives posted a Shadow and Bone discussion