This is coming to you a little late this month, but it’s finally here! Time to show you guys all the lovely, beautiful books I bought this month…and then we get to find out how much money I spent!
I tried really, really hard to be reasonable this month. My plan was not to purchase any books at all, outside of any random 99¢ Kindle book purchases. But, I didn’t quite stick to the plan.
First of all, there was a surprise book sale at my library this month…I couldn’t not go! The paperbacks were only 50¢ and the hardbacks were $1, so I got a lot of bang for my buck at this one. It was totally worth it!
The second thing that happened was that I decided to take a bunch of my old, used books over to my local used bookstore and trade them in for credit. I just really wanted to get this errand over with, because I’d been carrying around a huge bag of books in the trunk of my car for too long. So I did end up purchasing some books at the used bookstore, but they were pretty cheap and most of what I spent was with the credit I earned.
So, overall, I think that I still did a REALLY good job, especially considering I was hit with two unforeseen book circumstances.
Books I Bought in September 2013:
- The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae (ebook) — $0.99
- Present Perfect by Alison G. Bailey (ebook) — $0.99
- Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski (ebook) — $0.99
- Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger (ebook) — $1.99
- Hangman by Faye Kellerman (found at the dump) — free
- Lost Lake by Phillip Margolin (found at the dump) — free
- Prey by Michael Crichton (found at the dump) — free
- A Thread of Sky by Deanna Fei (found at the dump) — free
- Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane (found at the dump) — free
- The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve (library book sale) — $0.50
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (library book sale) — $1.00
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (library book sale) — $1.00
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (library book sale) — $1.00
- The Shack by Wm. Paul Young (library book sale) — $0.50
- Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz (library book sale) — $1.00
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch (library book sale) — $1.00
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (library book sale) — $1.00
- Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson (library book sale) — $0.50
- The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin (library book sale) — $1.00
- A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks (library book sale) — $1.00
- Naked Heat by Richard Castle (library book sale) — $1.00
- Delirium Stories by Lauren Oliver (present from my boyfriend) — free
- Waking Kiss by Anabel Joseph (ebook) — $0.99
- Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan (ebook) — $1.99
- Crank by Ellen Hopkins (used bookstore) — $1.42*
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (used bookstore) — $1.62*
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead (used bookstore) — $2.12*
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (used bookstore) — $2.47*
- Insatiable by Meg Cabot (used bookstore) — $1.67*
- Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos (used bookstore) — $1.67*
Total Spent on Books in September 2013 = $29.41
WOOHOO!!!! I’m so, so, so happy with this amount! After last month’s crazy total, $30 is amazing. Especially because I got 30 books out of that! That’s insane! Even though six were free, 24 books for that price is still a mind-blowingly awesome deal.
Next month, I’ll be (hopefully) sticking to my new budget of $50/month. I’m not sure how well I’m going to do, though, since I already know that I have two crazy used bookstore trips planned while I’m going to be in New York City this weekend! Maybe I’ll make a special October budget of $30 for online spending + whatever I end up spending in NYC. I think that sounds fair!
*price reflects the credit I received from donating my used books