Today I have my first weekly wrap-up for you guys, in which I will highlight all things bookish that I did this week — the books I read, the books I bought, and any posts you might’ve missed.
Books I Finished This Week:
Oh my gosh, I finally finished Beautiful Chaos! I have been struggling through this book for weeks now, and I finally made it all the way to the end. I want to say that I’m going to give up on this series, after I basically hated the last two. But there’s only one left! I feel like I can’t stop now…I don’t know, we’ll have to see.
- Dear Adam by Ava Zavora
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead
- Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Ruin by C.J. Scott
Books I’m in the Middle Of:
Right now, I’m seriously loving The Lost Wife, which I’m listening to on audiobook right now. I can’t wait to write my review for it once I finish it!
Books I Bought for my Kindle:
I’m trying to be really good about not buying too many books this month, after what happened in August. So I only have three for you guys this week, which I got for very cheap as ebooks.
- Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski (99¢ for Kindle)
- Present Perfect by Alison G. Bailey ($2.99 for Kindle — it was 99¢ when I got it the other day)
- Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger ($1.99 Kindle Daily Deal on 9/18/13)
Books My Boyfriend Found for Me at the Dump (no, I’m not kidding):
So, my boyfriend, Brent, went to the dump to drop off our old pull-out couch that he had hacked up with a saw (long story…), and found out that they apparently have a “library” at the dump, where people leave unwanted books that become free for the taking. Well, he knows that I love books, so he decided to pick up a couple as a surprise.
It was a very nice surprise! But I told him that he might want to leave the book-buying to me, since I’m not sure he really knows what I like 😉 As you can see, these books aren’t necessarily ones that I would’ve picked up on my own, but it was very nice of him to think of me! And I will probably read at least a few of them eventually. The Michael Crighton one actually sounds kinda good!
- Hangman by Faye Kellerman
- Lost Lake by Phillip Margolin
- Prey by Michael Crichton
- A Thread of Sky by Deanna Fei
- Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane
This Week’s Posts:
- August 2013 Book Haul (60 books!)
- Book Review: Dear Adam by Ava Zavora
- Bookish A-Z Survey
- Top 10 Books on my Fall 2013 TBR List
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
- Book Review: The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings