Wow, I can’t believe that this is my fiftieth weekly wrap-up! That’s a lot of wrapping up, haha!
Scenes From The Week:
Oh my god. This sandwich. So Brent and I love this deli down the street for us, but we only let ourselves go there every once in a really long while (this was the first time we’ve been in months), because, clearly, these humongous things can’t possibly be good for us, and staying healthy is a huge priority in our lives. But holy cow, do we adore them. They’re so fucking delicious. And they taste even better when you haven’t had one in a really long time!
I also made this healthy-ish chocolate banana bread this week that turned out so good! I barely ever bake because, again, calories, but I saw the recipe and I just had to try it out!
And, the biggest news of this week — Brent and I adopted a new kitten! His name is Samwell Tarly 🙂 (a character in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, which Brent and I are both obsessed with). Last month when Ivan died, we knew that we needed to get Ellie a friend to play with, but it took us a couple weeks to finally feel ready to add a new member to our family. But now we are so glad that we took the plunge, because Sam is amazing and so sweet. I couldn’t imagine not having him now!
Here are some more pics of him from this week!
I also decided that it was high time I finally sorted out and organized my nail polish collection. I ordered a rack to display them all nicely, and I’m super excited about being able to do that when it comes in the mail! In the meantime, I separated them all by color and got rid of some of the ones that were old, I didn’t like anymore, or were too similar to other colors. Look at how much pink I owned! (By the way, this picture is of only about half of my collection! I might be a little bit of a nail polish hoarder… )
It’s taking Ellie a little longer than expected to warm up to Sam, but here’s a picture of them during one of their better moments…almost cuddling! Literally as I’m typing this right now, they’re growling at each other under the bed, haha, so clearly they don’t always get along. But it’s been getting better and better every day! I’m confident that they’ll soon be BFFs!
My friend Gen brought over some of this Lebanese pistachio cake and, surprisingly, it was quite good! I might have to steal the recipe from her.
Awesome Posts From Other Bloggers:
Books & Authors:
- Effortlessly Reading rants about matte book covers
- The Book Addict’s Guide confesses that she’s addicted to preordering
- Ode to Jo & Katniss imagines a Hunger Games-inspired wedding
- Lite-Rate-Ture wants to know if the publisher of a book affects your opinion of it
Reading & Characters:
- The Thousand Lives details the five stages of DNFing a book
- My Novel Opinion laments about when you just don’t feel like reading
- The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! wants to know whether you prefer science fiction or fantasy
Blogging & Reviewing:
- There Were Books Involved wants to know: how do you write your reviews?
- The Mile-Long Bookshelf shares 4 ways to avoid stressful blogging
- Little Birdie Books wonders why people use half stars
- Alexa Loves Books — Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (US only) (ends September 22nd)
- The Quiet Concert — Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas & swag (INT) (ends September 17th)
- The Quiet Concert — Signed ARC of Heir of Fire & tote bag (US/UK only) (ends September 14th)
- It Starts at Midnight — The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken & swag (US only) (ends September 30th)
- Paper Riot — $29 Book of Choice (INT) (ends September 12th)
Reposted From Last Week:
- Novel Heartbeat — Signed copy of While You’re Away by Jessa Holbrook (US only) (September 14th)
- On Starships and Dragon Wings — Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (US/CA) (ends September 16th)
- The Perpetual Page-Turner — 5 copies of The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (US only) (ends October 4th)
- The Midnight Garden — 2 ARCs of The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgewick (US/CA only) (ends September 30th)
- Love is Not a Triangle — Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (US/CA) (ends September 16th)