- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (and all other books in this series) — Obviously, we really can’t have a list about awesome boarding school books without talking about Harry Potter, right? Hogwarts was probably the first boarding school-set book I ever read, and I remember absolutely loving that setting. I really want to go back and re-read them all someday 🙂
- Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld — I read this book back in high school, way before I started blogging, but I remember really, really liking this one and strongly identifying with the main character.
- Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend — This is a book that I read just last month and is honestly what inspired me to write this post! I love boarding school settings, and this book made everything about it intriguing and mysterious.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (and most other books in this series) — I demolished this whole series last year and absolutely loved most of the books. Almost all of them take place at the vampire boarding school St. Vladimir’s Academy — I liked the idea that the students only took classes at night and the awesome curriculum that included stuff like combat training.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins — Both this book and the first book in the series, Anna and the French Kiss take place at the School of America in Paris. Not only is the Parisian setting in general really cool, but I really liked the boarding school aspect in and of itself. I liked Isla better than Anna, so that’s why Isla’s on the list, but I also think that the school is more important in Isla because of all the sneaking around her and Josh have to do in their dorm rooms.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green — This is probably my most anticipated read on this list. I read The Fault in Our Stars in 2013 and loved it, but haven’t read another John Green since! I think that this one will be my second. And now I’m even more excited for it knowing that it’s partially set at a boarding school, which I didn’t even realize until I was making this list!
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins — I’m not looking forward to this one as much as the other ones, because I’m not really sure if I’ll like it, but it’s been recommended to me by a lot of people and I have to admit that the boarding school aspect does make me want to read it that much more!
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray — Ever since I read The Diviners last year, I’ve really been wanting to read more of Bray’s work. Her writing is incredibly special and captivating, and I just know that I’m going to adore this series. I bought all three of them recently and can’t wait to get started!
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë — I can’t even believe that I haven’t read this book. I have no defense for myself! But clearly it’s a classic that so many people adore, and I love her sister’s work Wuthering Heights, so I need to get to this one soon!
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer — I actually haven’t read anything by this author yet, but I’ve heard she’s amazing. And I know that a lot of people scored an ARC of it at BEA and loved it! So I’m really excited about this one, too.
What’s YOUR favorite book set at a boarding school? Have you read and loved any of the ones on my list? Any recommendations for other books like these that I need to check out?