Scenes From The Week:
I won an ARC of Fan Art from Happy Book Lovers, and I read it as soon as it came in and ADORED it!
Umm…she actually fell asleep like this. Brent and I were laughing hysterically.
So, on Labor Day (aka “the hottest freaking day of the year”), our neighborhood lost power because everybody was home for the holiday and blasting their ACs! Our house got so hot that Brent and I decided to leave and go do some errands. While we were out, we stopped for some Pinkberry and it was delicious — exactly what we needed!
I’m obsessed with this pink lipstick! It’s still technically summer, so I’m using up all the pinkness while it’s still good, haha! The shade I’m wearing is Covergirl’s “Temptress” and it’s one of my favorites!
I painted my nails white for the first time ever this week and, honestly, I LOVED it.
Doesn’t she look like she should be eating some cucumber sandwiches or crumpets or something? Such a lady!
Books I Finished This Week:
- The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
- Covet by Tracey Garvis-Graves
- Fan Art by Sarah Tregay
- Alone by Lisa Gardner
Awesome Posts From Other Bloggers:
Books & Authors:
- Books for a Delicate Eternity wants people to leave YA alone!
- Word Revel takes issue with the phrase “book porn”
- Here There Be Books lists 3 fictional schools she definitely doesn’t want to attend
- The Nerdy Journalist discusses Once Upon a Time and other fairytale retellings
Reading & Characters:
- Ode to Jo & Katniss asks what makes a character a favorite?
- Blog of a Bookaholic discusses reading slump causes and cures
- Laura Plus Books rants about instalove and romance
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Books & Cleverness shares how blogging and high school has prepared her for the “real world”
- The Loony Teen Writer wants to know: when do you write reviews?
- Novel Bliss shares tips on how to find your review voice
- The Mile-Long Bookshelf posts ways to battle book-blogger envy
- Readers in Wonderland discuss blogging about what you like vs. what others prefer
- Bibliolatry Me shares her blogging bucket list
- Laura Plus Books shows and tells about her bookmark collection
- The Starry-Eyed Revue — Stack of September ARCs (US only) (ends September 9th)
- Writer of Wrongs — Throne of Glass, Assassin’s Blade, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire & swag pack (INT) (ends September 10th)
- On Starships and Dragon Wings — Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (US/CA) (ends September 16th)
- The Perpetual Page-Turner — 5 copies of The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (US only) (ends October 4th)
- The Midnight Garden — 2 ARCs of The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgewick (US/CA only) (ends September 30th)
- Love is Not a Triangle — Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (US/CA) (ends September 16th)
Reposted From Previous Week(s):
- A Wonderland of Reading — Personalized Sarah J. Maas book (US only) (ends September 10th)
- Novel Heartbeat — Signed copy of While You’re Away by Jessa Holbrook (US only) (September 14th)
- Deadly Darlings — $10 towards the Book Depository (INT) (ends September 9th)
- Lite-Rate-Ture — Signed copy of Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters (INT) (ends September 6th)
- Effortlessly Reading — 9 Cassandra Clare books (INT) (ends September 7th)