Scenes From the Week:
Reading in bed on a Saturday afternoon. I love Rebel Belle’s ribbon theme!
I’ve been doing a little better since Ivan died…been trying to spend extra time with Ellie, even though she can be quite the little brat. But occasionally she sucks up to us and manages to look just adorable.
Or she eats my hair…whatever.
This week (among other things), I made this One-Pot Zucchini and Mushroom Pasta that was pretty delicious!
I also read Anna and the French Kiss for the first time ever! My review will be up in a few weeks 🙂
Yeah, she actually fell asleep like this. I just…what?!
A rabbit fell asleep under my car (yes, I promise he’s asleep)! Good place to get shade on a sunny day, I guess.
I picked a bunch of tomatoes from my garden! I’ll be making some caprese salad this weekend 😀
Books I Finished This Week:
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Tilt by Ellen Hopkins
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (as well as the Anna deleted scene and short story)\
Awesome Posts from Other Bloggers:
Books & Authors:
- It Starts at Midnight was sent an ARC instead of the hardcover she ordered — what should she do?
- Ode to Jo and Katniss throws a Grisha-inspired wedding
- Stay Bookish shares her top 5 bucket list destinations with corresponding books to read
- The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater wants to know if you think book art is cool or offensive
Reading & Characters:
- Word Revel brings a book with her wherever she goes
- Playing in the Pages shares tips for how to combat the summer reading slump
- Great Imaginations discusses TBR management
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Rinn Reads shares her system for scheduling blog posts
- Finley Jayne raves about Bloglovin’s “mark as read” feature
- A Bottomless Book Bag discusses how blogging has changed her re-reading habits
- Happy Book Lovers explains why she hates starred reviews
- Crazy Red Pen talks about her favorite indie magazines
- Writing My Own Fairytale — What Happened to Goodbye, Anna and the French Kiss, and This is What Happy Looks Like (US only) (ends August 15th)
- Little Pieces of Imagination — Signed paperback copy of one of the books in the Calloway Sisters or Addicted series by Krista Richie (INT) (ends August 14th)
- Not Yet Read — The House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory (INT) (ends August 15th)
- Paper Riot — One of the books reviewed on this blog (INT) (ends September 1st)
- Alexa Loves Books — 10 of her favorite books! (INT) (ends August 31st)
- Effortlessly Reading — 9 Cassandra Clare books (INT) (ends September 7th)
- @book_junkee — Signed Fierce Reads book (INT) (RT & follow by August 15)
- Stay Bookish — Depth of Field by Chantel Guertin (US/CA only) (ends August 17th)
- @amyewingbooks — Signed ARC of The Jewel by Amy Ewing (INT) (ends August 15th)
- Book Nerd — One of three books from Book Outlet (US/CA only) (ends August 12th)
- Happy Indulgence — 4 Patrick Ness books (US/CA only) (ends August 13th)
- Book Munchies — $13 for The Book Depository (INT) (ends August 31st)
Reposted from Previous Week(s):
- Goodreads — ARC of Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (US only) (ends August 15th)
- Boricuan Bookworms — 4 copies of Madly, Deeply by Erica Crouch (INT) (ends August 16th)
- Effortlessly Reading — Signed & personalized copy of any Sarah J. Maas book, including Heir of Fire (INT) (ends August 31st)