Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening With Me This Week:
Do you think you can handle this? Do you? ‘Cause I don’t know…it might just be TOO CUTE.
Ahhhhh. I can’t. I seriously can’t even. ADORABLEEEEE!
Guys, my cats are BFFs. I’m such a proud mama 😀
Besides the cats…I, of course, did nothing else exciting this past week. So I’m just going to bribe you guys with cute pictures until you forget the fact that I have absolutely no life recently! Good plan? Good plan.
Books I Finished This Week:
Ugh…can we not talk about the fact that I only finished one book this week? Clearly my goal for the month (a completely unrealistic 22 books!) is NOT going to be accomplished.
But most of the problem is that I’m halfway through three other kind-of-long books right now. I just happened to finish this one first. So it’s not like I wasn’t reading this week, I’m just on the verge of finishing a couple other books that I didn’t read fast enough to include in this week’s post! I’m sure I’ll finish, like, five next week or something. Here’s hoping!
Books I Bought/Received This Week:
Don’t freak out! I actually didn’t buy this many books this week 😛 This is actually a pile of books I’ve been collecting that are just random acquisitions from the months of April and May.
- Love Drugged by James Klise (I won this from Cayce and Laura for participating in #LGBTApril! Thanks girls 🙂 )
- Sharp Objects & Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- Alone by Lisa Gardner
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves
- The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah
Awesome Posts from Other Bloggers:
Books & Authors:
- Readers in Wonderland recommends some good dragon books
- Rinn Reads gives some recommendations for books to read if you like the show The Tudors
- The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! discusses the saturation of John Green in YA
- The Daily Prophecy showcases some upcoming fairytale retellings!
Reading & Characters:
- Playing in the Pages shares a super cute post giving us a peek into the imaginary purses of the final 4 girls in The Selection series
- Writer of Wrongs gives us her thoughts on cliffhangers
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Readers in Wonderland question what’s a spoiler?
- Laura Plus Books discusses the phenomenon of dominant co-bloggers
- So Obsessed With has an adorable printable book blogger to-do list!
- The Art of Escapism wants to know if you treat blogging like a job
- Playing in the Pages shares some bookish and non-bookish gift ideas for Mother’s Day (sorry, I’m clearly a little behind on reading blogs due to that stressful time I was having. But I thought this post was really cute and had to share it anyway…maybe get some ideas for next year?)
- If you haven’t seen it already, check out the Publisher’s Weekly Best Summer Books 2014
- Cheap Thrills shares a tutorial for how to best use TweetDeck for Twitter chats
- Books of Amber mentions some surprising things she discovered about America on her first visit here