Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening With Me This Week:
Although I’m actually kind of sick, physically, this week, I’ve been feeling a lot less stressed out lately 🙂 The kitten thing is going well and I’m SO EXCITED FOR BEA in two weeks!! (Although, honestly, I’m kind of nervous about it, too!). Are any of you guys going?
She fell asleep between my knees!!
Books I Finished This Week:
- Shopaholic & Baby by Sophia Kinsella
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin
- Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry
- Fairyland by Alysia Abbott
Awesome Posts from Other Bloggers:
Books & Authors:
- Girl XOXO lists 6 awesome gateway books into magical realism
- Dudette Reads discusses the relatability of different narrative styles
- Rinn Reads recommends books for fans of Doctor Who
- The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! recommends books about high school for college students
- The Starry Eyed Revue recommends their favorite summer reads
- Little Birdie Books wants to know how long is too long for a series to be?
Reading & Characters:
- Effortlessly Reading has trouble reading books by the same author back-t0-back
- Read Me Away shares some of her “YES!” moments in books
- Blog of a Bookaholic tells us why she likes taking her time while reading
- Looking for the Panacea discusses contemporary love interests
- Books and Whimsy shares a beautiful post about she got over a reading slump and fell in love with reading again
- Stay Bookish references some romantic clichés that need a permanent vacation
Blogging & Reviewing:
- The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! shares everything you wanted to know about book tours
- These Paper Hearts teaches us how to make custom star ratings
- The Art of Escapism describes how she feels about playlist posts
- Shae Has Left the Room tells us what to pack for BEA
- Books for a Delicate Eternity shares her love for fanfiction
- Dudette Reads posts a response to #WeNeedDiverseBooks