Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening With Me:
I’m back for my weekly wrap-ups! I’ve been so stressed lately, but I’ve been feeling a little bit better this week, because…WE GOT A KITTEN!
Her name is Ellie and she’s PERFECT 😀 No, actually, she’s purrrrrfect.
…do you guys hate me now?
Books I Finished This Week & Last Week:
Woohoo, I’m back to my normal reading amount! I went through a major reading slump in April. It seems like May has given me a great new start 🙂
- The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead
- The Songbird’s Overture (The Malediction Trilogy #0.5) by Danielle L. Jensen
- Sleep Donation by Karen Russell
- Elizabeth the Queen by Sally Bedell Smith
- Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler
- Uglies (Uglies #1) by Scott Westerfeld
- Sever (Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano
- Pretties (Uglies #2) by Scott Westerfeld
- Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #4) by Chloe Neill
Awesome Posts from Other Bloggers I Found This Week (and last week):
Books & Authors:
- Effortlessly Reading discusses covers inside of covers
- The Book Addict’s Guide shares her guide to Adult-YA crossover books
- Bookshelf Fantasies confesses that she buys books after she’s already read them
- The Art of Escapism wants to know…what if YA was written for adults?
- Lit Up Review shares recommendations for if you liked Pushing the Limits
- Rinn Reads gives some recommendations for people who like HBO’s TV show Rome
- The Thousand Lives wants to know if you preorder books
- Oh, the Books! recommends some young adult LGBTQ books
Reading & Characters:
- Dudette Reads tells us that piracy is not the answer and gives a bunch of alternatives
- The Thousand Lives discusses what it’s like to be a mood reader
- Asti from Oh, the Books! pretends to be Hermione, Katniss, and Bella
- Kelly from Oh, the Books! talks about the unexpected benefits of reading YA as an adult
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Pretty Little Readers asks: am I wasting my time with Facebook?
- Stay Bookish shares 22 things to do to make the book blogging community a happier place
- Nose Graze tells us what Google Analytics data to focus on
- Rinn Reads shares her favorite Marvel superheros