Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening This Week:
I had a really busy day on Saturday! In the afternoon, I went with my mom and some friends to this Beer Festival and we had a blast. After that, I met up with my Dad, had dinner, and then went to see Stars on Ice! It was SO awesome. I was really excited to see a bunch of my favorite ice skaters 🙂
Also, after reading The FastDiet by Michael Mosley last month, Brent and I both started following the plan and so far (after 30 days) I’ve lost 6.5 pounds!! That’s seriously so amazing for me. I feel great, and I’m so happy to have finally found a weight loss plan that actually seems to be working. It’s been so hard for me to lose weight over the past four years since I’ve been disabled, so I’m ecstatic that I’m on the right track now!
Books I Finished This Week:
Not a great week for me overall I’ve been kind of in a reading slump lately, but I’m not sure why. Right now I’m in the middle of Throne of Glass and I’m loving it, but for some reason I’ve been having trouble forcing myself to open it up and continue reading. *sigh* I hate it when this happens.
- Unravel by Calia Reed
- Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin G. Robertson
- The Summer I Wasn’t Me by Jessica Verdi
Awesome Posts by Other Bloggers This Week:
Books & Authors:
- Books with Cass recommends some adult fiction for YA lovers
- As Told By Rachel takes us on a bookish vacation!
- Rinn Reads recommends some books for people who like the show Dexter
- Little Birdie Books posts a sarcastic list of YA rules that must by obeyed
- Books for a Delicate Eternity discusses the different styles of a book’s paper
- The Art of Escapism confesses that she hates ebooks
- Writer of Wrongs lists a bunch of words that are used in book titles over and over again
- Utterly Bookish discusses the importance of quality over quantity on your bookshelf
- Paper Breathers has a love-hate relationship with dust jackets
Reading & Characters:
- Bo-ok Nerd shares her thoughts on adults who read YA
- The Reading Shelf talks about how a lot of YA characters love old music/books
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Stay Bookish talks about the importance of blogging creatively
- The Pink Polka Dot Book Blog discusses the recent rise in co-blogging
- Rinn Reads welcomes us to the Young Adult Exhibit in the Museum of Literary Wonders
- Shae Has Left the Room posts some awesome tips to help combat BEA overload