Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening With Me This Week:
This week was kind of rough! Because of my disability, while I do have a job, I only work part-time because my body cannot handle a 40-hour/week job. But, starting this week, I’m going to be upping my hours to being between 34–37 per week (from previously 25 hours/week) and I’ve been pretty tired! I’m glad that I can start working more hours, because I didn’t really want to be part-time, but it’s definitely going to take some getting used to.
We also found out that we might be getting a kitten soon! Somebody that works with my boyfriend has a pregnant cat, and we’ve called dibs on one of the female kittens! We’ve been wanting to get a second cat for so long, but because of the awful behavior of our current cat (which I’ve talked briefly about in previous wrap-ups), we’ve been hesitant to do it. But now that he’s on medication and is doing slightly better, we were looking into it more seriously and then randomly got lucky and found out that this guy’s cat is having kittens! It’s not a done deal, but in a couple months we could have a new furry addition to our family and I couldn’t be more excited!
Books I Finished This Week:
- LoveLines by S. Walden
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- Adrian’s Lost Chapter (Bloodlines #0.5) by Richelle Mead
- Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner
Books I Bought This Week:
- A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters #1) by Charles Sheehan-Miles
- Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters #2) by Charles Sheehan-Miles
- Girl of Lies (Rachel’s Peril #1) by Charles Sheehan-Miles
- The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie Dee & Summer Devon
Awesome Posts from Book Bloggers This Week:
The reason why, for the past couple of weeks, I haven’t been including as many links as usual is because I’m trying to be more selective in which posts I feature. While I’m still reading a ton of posts and commenting on a lot of them, from now on I’m only going to be showcasing the ones that I really, really loved and want to share.
Books & Authors:
- Bo-ok Nerd shares her thoughts on mid-series cover changes
- Reading in Winter discusses the great appeal of signed books
- Pretty Little Reader wonders if mid-series cover changes are a conspiracy
- Book Rock Betty wants to know if you’re smarter than an author
- The Book Addict’s Guide gushes about how much she loves audiobooks
- Kelley from Oh, the Books! tells us why she loves author events
Reading & Characters:
- Shae Has Left the Room talks about the downside of a good-book reading spell
- Between the Lines wonders how you keep track of plotlines in series
- Singing and Reading in the Rain wants to know how much time you set aside for “me” books
- The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater shares 7 “Must Haves” for your Fictional Love Interest
- Books with Cass tells us that she’s recently become a lover of historical fiction!
Blogging & Reviewing:
- Oh, the Books! gives some advice for starting a group blog
- Bookish Whimsy comments about the difficulty of creating new features
- Pretty Little Reader shares her book review process
- Books for a Delicate Eternity tells us why she very rarely gives out 5-star ratings
- Book Munchies muses about the allure and decline of bookstores
- Bookish Whimsy tells us about the history of the bookmark
- Octavia from Read. Sleep. Repeat. confesses that she hates Amazon