Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Going On in My Life This Week:
I’m recovering well from my second surgery! I just had my first post-op appointment and everything is looking good 🙂 It was also a very busy week with Christmas and stuff. We went out to a Christmas dinner and exchanged presents with my parents on Sunday, and then my boyfriend Brent and I went over to his parents’ house for a Christmas dinner and exchanging presents with them, his sister, and brother-in-law. Then, on Christmas Day, it was just the two of us chilling out together. We unwrapped more gifts and watched basketball. I made eggnog french toast for Christmas brunch! All around, it was a very good week! What did you guys do for Christmas? Get any good stuff?
Books That I Finished This Week:
I thought that I was going to read so much this month, what with being laid up in bed after surgery and all. But then I ended up getting sick and I’ve been so tired lately, that I’ve barely read at all! I’m so behind on my TBR for this month, and it’s kind of bumming me out. Four books in one week is definitely awesome, but I just feel like, in general, my numbers for this month aren’t that great.
- The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
- Barely Breathing (Breathing #2) by Rebecca Donovan
Books That I Bought/Received This Week:
Well, I got a bunch of books for Christmas, but I’m saving those for a special Christmas Book Haul, which will get posted in the (relatively) near future, so here are a few I got that weren’t presents.
- The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier (ebook)
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (ebook)
- Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen (ARC)
- Me Since You by Laura Weiss (ARC)
Awesome Posts from Other Bloggers This Week:
- The Importance of Negative Reviews from The Moonlight Library
- Cuddlebuggery wrote a hilarious tongue-in-cheek post about how to tell if your cobloggership is really wrong
- Having Feelings for Fictional Characters from Another Novel Read
- Effortlessly Reading wants to know if you speed-read
- Does Bestseller Status Make a Difference? from NoseGraze
- The Art of Escapism needs help figuring out what kind of design goes with her blog title
- Get In The Winter Mood: Playlist, Books & More! from The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Spun With Words discusses buying vs. borrowing books
- Four Ways Book Blogging Has Changed from The Mile Long Bookshelf via BookBlogging.net
- Dudette Reads discusses tagging content warning on book reviews
- Would You Rent Out Your Body? from My Shelf Confessions
- Readiculous Reads talks about reading multiple books at the same time
- How Much is Too Much to Spend On Your Blog? from Live to Read, Love to Read!
- The Thousand Lives explains why she wishes more authors wrote with color
- Copying & Pasting — A.K.A. Faking Comments from Effortlessly Reading
- The Art of Escapism shares a hilarious, but sad post wondering how everybody has a best friend
- Stay Bookish created a story soundtrack for These Broken Stars