Weekly Wrap-Up is a post I share with you guys every Friday, in which I highlight all things bookish that I did in the past week — the books I read, the books I bought, books that I got from the library, and great posts that I found on other people’s blogs.
What’s Happening in My Life:
Well, I’m writing this post on Thursday, but “today” (Friday) is the day of my second calf surgery! I don’t think I’m as nervous as I was last time, but I’m still a little anxious, and also excited to just get it over with. Rachel from As Told By Rachel made me an awesome playlist for the car ride to the hospital so that I can be distracted my music and not quite so freaked out! I have clinical anxiety, so even though I’ve already gone through the whole thing and know there’s nothing to be nervous about, my stomach is still in knots. But I’m still happy that I’m doing it and hopefully in a couple months I’ll be cured!
Books That I Finished This Week:
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (check out my The Hunger Games series review I posted earlier this week)
- Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
- Shredded by Karen Avivi
- Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead
Books I Bought/Received This Week:
Awesome Posts from Other Book Bloggers:
- The Problem with Hype from Gypsy Reviews
- Another Novel Read wonders if you feel guilty for entering strangers’ giveaways
- Reading During the Holidays from The Perpetual Page-Turner
- Literature Martini is apprehensive about fanfiction
- Sign up for Jazz Age January on Books Speak Volumes
- Swept Away By Books shares story ideas she would love to see in upcoming YA novels
- On Reader Stereotypes from Oh, Chrys
- The Moonlight Library divulges why she feels like a fraud
- Twitter…The Good, The Bad, and the Obsessive Checking from Read. Sleep. Repeat.
- The Reading Shelf tells us why audiobooks rarely work for her
- What Makes Me Follow a Blog? from Novel Heartbeat
- Books Speak Volumes shares her Holiday Gift Guide for the Bookworm on Your List
- Do You Ever Try to “Soften the Blow” When Sending Publishers Negative Reviews? from NoseGraze
- Spun with Words discusses her opinion on DNFing books