I’m not going to lie…I have quite a few review books that need to be read. Yes, I was one of those newbie bloggers who requested a shitload of Netgalley titles without realizing what they were signing themselves up for. It’s actually not that bad, and every book (except one that I can think of) is something that I’m actually excited about reading.
But there are quite a few of them. If you want to see exactly how many, here’s a whole list of them, which I keep on the blog mostly as a reference for myself and to give publishers/authors an idea of what kind of books I like to review.
So, to combat this excessive ARC problem, I’ve decided to sign up for the 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge. I’m going to place myself in the “Master” category of planning to read 21-30 books in 2014, but I hope that I will be able to do more than that in the end!
Here are all the details:
- The 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Grab one of the buttons to show off your participation! Parajunkee did a great job with them!
- You DO NOT have to have a blog to join this challenge. You just need to have some books received for review and a place online to review them
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile that shows your 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge shelf
- Please link back to the hosts in your sign-up posts
- This challenge is to help clear up books you’ve received for review. Any format, or any length, as long as you received the book specifically for review, is allowed.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2014 at both Fiktshun andPhantasmic Reads where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January reviews. (No 2013 reviews) At the beginning of every month, starting in February, these posts will alternate between both blogs. (See schedule below)
- If you forgot to leave your review link in the challenge month in which you reviewed the book or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways – make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #RPRC2014 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter