There was recently a tag going around BookTube called “The Completed Series Tag.”
Even though I do have a few videos, I’m way more active as a blogger than I am when it comes to vlogging. I think it’s just because, honestly, it takes a lot more effort to put together one video than it does one post. I don’t have the amount of time that it takes to really dedicate yourself to being an active BookTuber. So, while I do want to participate every once in a while, I’m way more invested in my blog.
But, when I saw this tag, I was really interested in figuring out what series I have completed, and even making a list of the ones that I’ve started but haven’t actually finished yet (only ones that I do actually plan on finishing).
Thank God I’m pretty much addicted to Goodreads and use it to a meticulous extent, so all of my bookish activity is documented for me to find at a moment’s notice! I just wish that all of my book activity prior to when I joined in 2012 was on there. It’s really hard to remember sometimes, so I’m sure I’m missing a few.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Little House on the Prairie (and all six companion series) by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin*
- The Selection by Kiera Cass*
- The Secret Life of Amy Bensen by Lisa Renee Jones*
- Too Good by S. Walden*
- Angelfall by Susan Ee*
- The Phoenix Pack by Suzanne Wright*
- Terrestrials by Gretchen Powell*
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- Inkworld by Cornelia Funke
- Millennium by Steig Larsson
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer*
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Crossfire by Sylvia Day*
- Divergent by Veronica Roth*
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Series That I Haven’t Completed:
- Croak by Gina Damico**
- Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout**
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo**
- The Country Saga by David Estes**
- The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stole
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Dragonfly by Leigh T. Moore**
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare**
- The Lying Game by Sara Shephard
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi**
- Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
- Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole**
- Detective D.D. Warren by Lisa Gardner
- The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz
- Leo Demidov by Tom Rob Smith
- Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout**
- Crash by Nicole Williams
- Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
- Robert Langdon by Dan Brown**
- The Tudor Court by Philippa Gregory
- The Cousins’ War by Philippa Gregory
- The Wideacre Trilogy by Philippa Gregory**
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire**
- The Spymaster Chronicles by C.W. Gortner**
- Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
*Books where I have completed the series up to the point of what has been published so far. These series are not done, but there are as “finished” as they can be at the moment.
**Series where I have only read the first book in the series!
Now that I’ve made this list…I’m actually pretty surprised by a few things.
First, that I’ve only really completed 8 series. The rest are just ones where I’m waiting for the subsequent books to be published. It seems like that number should be so much higher! I’m probably missing quite a few from my childhood, but I don’t think those really count anyway.
Second, that my ratio isn’t really that bad. I’m actually surprised that I don’t have more uncompleted series. It seems like so many in my head. To be fair, there were quite a few series where I’ve read the first book, and then chose not to finish the series on purpose, and I didn’t put those on the list. Not that 26 isn’t a lot, though! I really need to get on these.
November is going to be another month that I’m planning on using to work on my unfinished series list. I’m going to finish the Divergent series for sure (which is very exciting!), and then definitely will make some headway on Vampire Academy.
Are you surprised at all by my list? What series do we have in common?